This past weekend, I had the opportunity to visit some awesome pop-up shops in Manhattan, most notably Refinery 29’s “Tinseltown Bazaar” in SoHo, the Chelsea Market’s Holiday Pop-Up, and, of course, Nylon’s Pop-Up in the Meatpacking District. Refinery 29 had an adorable DIY booth and lots of lovely christmas gifts and samples (and I even ended up walking away with a pretty sweet temporary tattoo!), while the Chelsea Market had everything from Fred Flare’s quirky trinkets to fancy accessories for your pet to mini-Christmas trees and plants. Today is the last day of the pop-up, but if you’re in the NYC area, I’d definitely recommend checking it out! In case you can’t make it, I snapped a few photos from Nylon’s Pop-Up shop and you can check ’em out for yourself below.
Nine West, the shoe retailer and e-tailer, recently debuted its first YouTube shows, on a channel known as “Channel 9“. The shows highlight style tips, makeovers, how-to videos, and celebrity fashion updates. So far, it has already attracted 40,000 views and 1,800 subscribers.
The channel will feature a series of episodes, including:
- “You’ve Been Schooled: Fashion Shoot 101“, which will feature Kelly Cutrone, along with other styling professionals.
- “You’ve Been Prom’d“, which follows a group of high school students selected to receive shoe, makeup and wardrobe makeovers in anticipation of their high school prom.
- “Shoe Fix” is shot at Nine West’s Nashville store, in which YouTube stars Megan & Liz give girls advice on picking the right shoes, and shoe repair tips.
- “Shoe Hoarders“, which will show closets and profiles of, as Nine West claims, “some of the greatest and very unapologetic shoe addicts of all time”.
- “Confessions“, which is a community-based show, which will include not only celebrities discussing their experiences with their favorite shoes, but also will include users, whom are encouraged to submit their own confessionals.
Some users will be able to tell their stores at “Confessionals”, booths set up at the Madison Ave and SoHo Stores in Manhattan on Fashion’s Night Out (September 6). Here is a preview of the channel below:
What do you guys think of the show concept?
This past week, I had the pleasure of walking around Manhattan while photographing some interesting and very fashionable ladies. Some of the recent street style trends I observed consist of sneakers (especially Converse), denim button-ups, leopard print, and leather. Here’s a peek at some of my favorite shots, after the cut.
This week, I went out and took some street photos of some stylish ladies on the streets on Manhattan. Some of the most popular trends I noticed were neon brights, printed dresses and pants, loose-fitting basics on top paired with skinny jeans, and lots of colored, soft leather. Read on to see more of the shots.