NYFW started out yesterday, and since there’s no time to lose in watching the 100+ Spring ‘2015 shows, Trends & Tribulations has compiled everything you need to know in this cliff notes version of this season’s NYFW guide.
- Michael Herz will debut his first runway collection as artistic director for Diane von Furstenberg.
- On Sunday, Opening Ceremony will debut a 30-minute one-act play directed and co-written by Spike Jonze, featuring their collection.
- On Monday, Olivier Saillard, the curator of the Palais Galliera in Paris, the city’s fashion museum, is putting on a piece of performance art in conjunction with the Alliance Francaise and MADE Fashion Week. Entitled “Models Never Talk,” it will feature seven French supermodels telling stories about extraordinary dress they have worn — giving voice to fashion’s normally voiceless.
- Also on Monday, Polo Ralph Lauren will hold an unspecified “fashion event” (note: not show) in Central Park.
- In Paris, Anthony Vaccarello will show his line Versus Versace, the latest hipster name to collaborate with the brand, a.k.a. be crowned as a hot-up-and-comer by Donatella Versace.
- Rumors are abound that LVMH is interested in buying stake in Proenza Schouler.
- In London, eyes will be on Christopher Bailey, making his debut as both chief executive and chief creative officer at Burberry.
- In Milan, Jil Sander’s Rodolfo Paglialunga will be showcasing his first collection as creative director of the house.
- At Hermès, Christophe Lemaire is revealing his final collection for the brand, although he has only been at the house for 4 years.
- Intel is set to unveil its smart bracelet, a bangle studded with semiprecious gems, designed by Opening Ceremony’s Humberto Leon and Carol Lim.
- At Vivienne Tam’s show on Sunday, a self-charging iPhone case created in collaboration with wireless specialist Zeusé will appear on the runway.
- Barbie’s instagram account @BarbieStyle will be hitting up CFDA Fashion Week events, and showing off her fabulous style.
- New SoHo hotspot Chalk Point offers a kale martini, with fresh pressed juices and vodka: perfect for NYFW.
- Watch NYFW live here
Source: NY Times New York Fashion Week Guide
What shows are you excited for this season?