Every fashionista knows what time of the year it is. It’s in the air, on the streets, from billboards to television, the fashion weeks are here. And starting out New York Fashion Week is Fashion’s Night Out, an international event celebrating everything fashion, involving special limited-edition products and collections, celebrity appearances and unforgettable performances. It was created by Vogue to boost the failing economy, and has grown increasingly bigger and extraordinary.
To plan your evening, go here for details on shops participating in FNO. I am especially excited for this event, as it is my first year living in New York, which happens to be the very best place in the world to experience Fashion’s Night Out, as it basically becomes a huge party across the city. Some of the places on my to-do list include:
- 3.1 Phillip Lim: I am looking forward to their special “Kill The Night” comic book-inspired window to be unveiled.
- Atrium: They’re having “rock-inspired” cocktails, and free eats from the Cruisin’ Kitchen Food Truck.
- A Uno Tribeca: They are hosting an informal fashion show, unveiling their new fall collection, and having a complimentary consultation with a fashion stylist, as well as a complementary make-up session done by Okema. Also, you can’t go wrong with live music, wine and hor d’ oeuvres.
- C. Wonder: Because I have been dying to see Tory Burch’s ex-husband’s unique shop, and there will be an in-house DJ, lemonade and desserts!
- Fiorentini + Baker: I can’t resist sipping wine and listening to live music with designer Deborah Baker. There will also be an exhibition of iconic images of Hollywood legends and style icons, such as Brigitte Bardot, Marlene Dietrich and Diana Dors.
- FORD: The pop-up shop on Gansevoort Plaza in the Meatpacking District has digital wardrobes where you can create your own looks, then snap a photo and share with friends. Also, DJ Hesta Prynn will be playing for your ear’s entertainment.
- Henri Bendel: They are hosting a Cirque du Soleil Zumanity performance, complete with mixologist cocktails from The Mulberry Project and crisp prosecco.
- M.S. Apothecary: Here, you can immerse yourself in the beauty ‘experience stations’. At these experience stations the consumer may learn about fragrance notes, cutting edge delivery systems in skincare, health, new anti-aging technology, among others.
- Madewell: Drinks, food samples, and an Aveda hair-braiding bar. Why not?
- Manolo Blahnik: Cyndi Lauper and Manolo Blahnik are celebrating FNO and Cyndi’s new musical, Kinky Boots. Cyndi will be performing live at the 54th Street boutique at 8:30pm
- QVC: They have live photo booth dressing stations to find your look, as well as complimentary gifts!
- Valentino: Valentino will be celebrating Fashion’s Night Out with hosts: Genevieve Jones, Nicky Hilton, Olivia Palermo, and Sofia Sanchez Barrenechea, with music by: Sean and Anthony Souza.
- Vince Camuto: Honestly… WTF founders Erica and Lauren will host a DIY crafts table where shoppers can decorate a Fashion’s Night Out tote printed with your choice of an exclusive Vince Camuto or VC Signature sketch of their hottest fall designs!
- Zara: They have a mysterious celeb DJ performing, as well as free-flowing bubbly and cava.
What are your plans for Fashion’s Night Out? Are you going to be in the NYC area, and if so, where are you excited about visiting?